I did it. I made sugar scrub. For PEOPLE. Like, people other than myself! Do you know what a miraculous thing that is? Usually, I reserve giving homemade gifts to people who have no way of dumping me in life (i.e. the Christmas I decided to make soap for my entire family. It’s now a running joke). But I got the nerve to make some for friends, and gave it away with the possibility of having people think, “Oh no. She said it’s HOMEMADE…”
I could chalk it up to being older, and therefore not caring about peoples’ opinions of me. It could be that it’s Christmas, and something about Christmas makes me wanna make stuff (see above reference re: soap). Or it could be that it actually works! Smooth hands and everything! I even got my husband to try some, and his reaction to how his skin felt afterwards was priceless: “Eh.” Er, that isn’t much of a testimonial, but don’t listen to him. Listen to me and try it for yourself!
Make this, whether for yourself or for your family and friends – it’s an extremely affordable and most excellent way to get your loved ones to “ooh and aah” you because you’ve helped them solve their rough, wintry skin dilemma!
HOMEMADE HAND AND BODY SUGAR SCRUB
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 4 T coconut oil
- 10 – 20 drops of your favorite essential oil or essential oil blend (optional)
- Stir all ingredients together in a bowl
- Transfer to a sealable plastic container – if you choose to use a glass container in a slippery shower, please be careful!
- Scrub-a-dub-dub away!
- Pro Tip: If you don’t want to dirty more than one bowl, just mix the scrub in the container your going to keep it in!
- You can adjust how “wet” you want your scrub to be by reducing or adding more coconut oil.
- Keep your scrub in a plastic container since it could be slippery if handling it in the shower!
- Depending on your mixture preference, separation between the sugar and oil can happen. If it does, just mix it all up and it is as good as new!