Let’s get into the Fall mood, friends! Now that the air is getting drier and cooler, those chappity chapped lips are about to strike! Yikes! I’m always in need of a good lip scrub, and though there are a ton of good lip scrub products out there, there are days when I’m just too lazy and too cold to go out and shop (who am I?!). On those days, I whip out one of my favorite yummy lip scrub recipes (which is 100% edible and child friendly, for those mommies who have babies like mine, who want to try everything you use!). And because I want to spread the love, I’m sharing it with you!
As with all my recipes, I encourage you to tweak it to suit your preferences. Do you prefer a “drier” lip scrub? Then add more sugar (slowly) to get the texture you like! Don’t like a certain spice? Then just add what you DO like! It’s such an easy recipe, you cannot fail. Who knew you could make something that works, is all natural, safe to put in and on your body, and only needs four ingredients?
Fall Sugar and Spice Lip Scrub
(Makes 6 – 8 applications)
- 2 T Coconut Oil
- 1/4 c Brown Sugar, packed (white sugar can be substituted if you prefer!)
- 1/4 t Cinnamon
- 1/4 t Nutmeg
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well incorporated
- Transfer into a container of your choice
- Scoop desired amount with fingers or small spatula and rub on lips until lips are smooth to the touch
- Wipe of with damp cloth (you can rinse with water instead if you prefer to keep the layer of coconut oil on your lips)
- If you don’t like spices in your lip scrub, you can omit any or all of them and enjoy this as a simple sugar scrub. It’s just as effective!
- Add or subtract as much sugar as you like to get the consistency you prefer, up to a total of 1/2 c of sugar – just remember to add it to the mixture slowly!
and let me know how you like it! I’d love to hear from you!