Everyone’s writing about yummy delicious green smoothies, so I thought, why not share my family’s favorite recipe? It’s delicious, nutritious, and good for you!
My husband and I have been drinking smoothies almost every day after our workouts, and let me tell you, it is a definite motivator for me to exercise. When I’m doing ‘dem squats, I’m dreaming of having a refreshing smoothie after the burn. If you like peanut butter and bananas, this smoothie is for you. And the added benefit of spinach (which, by the way, does NOT make it taste like salad) boosts this smoothie with more vitamins, fiber, and is a great way to get more of those anti-aging veggies into your diet.
Green Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Recipe
Serving Size: 2
- 1 1/2 c Spinach, packed
- 1/2 c Vanilla Almond Milk (or liquid of choice)
- 1 1/2 c Ice
- 1 Banana
- 3 T Peanut Butter
- 1-2 T Honey (depends on how ripe/sweet your banana is)
- 1 t Hemp Hearts (optional)
*If you have a fancy, awesome, blend-even-beef-bones kind of blender, then put everything in there and whiiiirrrrr away until smooth. If you don’t have that kind of blender, then keep reading…*
- Place the spinach and milk in the blender and blend till smooth. This step may take a minute, but don’t worry. Just keep blending and it’ll turn into a beautiful light green liquid!
- Add the banana, peanut butter and honey.
- Add ice and blend until it’s all smoothified.
- Blend those spinach leaves with liquid first, otherwise, they won’t get broken down enough and you’ll end up with a drink filled with spinach bits.
- Use any kind of milk you like, heck, you can even use water!
- Add ice last. If you add the ice with the honey, chances are the honey may clump up on you and not become incorporated with the rest of your delicious drink.