I did it. I made sugar scrub. For PEOPLE. Like, people other than myself! Do you know what a miraculous thing that is? Usually I reserve giving homemade gifts to people who have no way of dumping me in life (i.e. the Christmas I decided to make soap for my entire family. It’s now a running joke now.). But I got the nerve to make some as Christmas gifts for friends and gave it away with the possibility of having people think, “Oh no. She said it’s HOMEMADE…”
Anyway, I could chalk up giving away “crafty” gifts to being older and therefore not caring about other peoples’ opinions of me. Or it could be that it’s Christmas and something about Christmas makes me wanna make stuff (see above reference to soap). Or it could be that it actually works! Smooth hands and everything! I even got HBL to try some and his reaction to how his skin felt afterwards was priceless: “Eh.”
Well, don’t listen to him, try it for yourself. He admitted it would be hard to feel softness on his hairy, rough man skin anyway. But I will say he did have some rather smooth knuckles…
Make this, whether for yourself or for your family and friends – it’s an extremely affordable and most excellent way to get your loved ones to “ooh and aah” you because you’ve helped them solve their rough, wintery skin dilemna!
HOMEMADE HAND AND BODY SUGAR SCRUB
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 1 – 2 T of your favorite shower gel/body wash
- 2 T melted (and cooled) coconut oil
- Stir all ingredients together in a bowl
- Transfer to a sealable plastic container
- Scrub away!
- You can adjust how “dry” you want your scrub by cutting or adding more of your body wash or coconut oil
- Keep your scrub in a plastic container since it could be slippery if handling it in the shower!
- If you don’t want to dirty more than one bowl, just mix the scrub in the container your going to keep it in
- If the mixture separates (the sugar sinks to the bottom), just mix it all up and it is as good as new!