Who out there wants to bake for the holidays? Who won’t because you’re lazy?
I have just the recipe for you!
The other week I mentioned that I baked for strangers. Well, this is what I made, and like I said, they ate them all up!
This is a very cake-like cookie, so if you’re looking for something crispy, this ain’t it. That being said, these were so yummy, the kidlets and I ate five cookies just waiting for them to cool off! I was lucky I had any left to serve!
Friends, do yourselves a favor and give these cookies a try. Then serve them to other people. And then allow yourself to bask in the praise and accolades for a while.
Three Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving: Approx. 25 cookies, depends on how large you want them
- 1 Box of Spice Cake Mix (any brand)
- 1 Can of Pumpkin
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chip
(I used yellow cake mix because it’s what I had on hand and just threw in pumpkin pie spice. Also, I topped them off with cream cheese frosting for extra deliciousness. Technically, that would make this FIVE ingredient cookies, but erm, I’m sure you understand what I mean…)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Take your box of cake mix and dump it in a mixing bowl
- Open your can of pumpkin and dump it in the same bowl
- Add your cup of chocolate chips
- Stir it up
- Spoon them out onto parchment lined cookie sheets (this batter doesn’t spread that much. It’s a pretty dense – but fluffy – batter, so however big you spoon them out is almost how big they’ll end up when they’re cooked)
- Bake for about 10 – 15 minutes, depending on your oven
Check it: You can make this cookie in any combination of boxed cake mix and pureed fruit or pureed whatever you want (I HAVE used pureed green beans in a cake before. It made a super moist cake. The taste though? Um.) So feel free to experiment. Unsweetened applesauce works with everything; chocolate cake mix, lemon cake mix… all of it! Let your imagine lead you!