Hello, friends. I’m battle-weary, but slowly rising from the ashes and the rubble that is my life with a newborn. Just wanted to let you know I’m alive, though sleep deprived, swollen, and in a constant state of confusion (I find myself wondering how in the world I ended up with two kids).
My mom left me to fend for myself yesterday morning, and I’m trying to figure out how to forgive her for leaving me. When I say, “I want my Mommy!”, I mean it. I wish she didn’t live in another state. It makes driving my kids over to her house so I can get a nap so difficult.
I’ll cut my rambling, but not before I toot my own horn on some wonderful differences in this second go round at postpartum versus my first time:
- I’ve had THREE showers in the last two weeks! Paaar-tay!
- I’ve applied deodorant this week!
- On average, I’m brushing my teeth five out of seven days of the week!
- I’ve only cried one and a half times from sleep deprivation!
- I carry a folded up piece of paper with me at all times so I can fan myself when I’m hot instead of dripping in sweat all the time – preparedness!
Anyway, Happy Friday to you all! I’m gonna celebrate surviving the week with a shower, a teeth brushing and a nap. Oh, and if you have any tips to help me keep the “Sanity Train” from derailing, send ’em my way – I’d appreciate it!