This meme was not sent to me from LZ at My Messy Paradise.
What happened was, I read her post, loved the questions so much – they’re not your ordinary meme-y questions – and tagged myself! Actually, she hadn’t gotten around to tagging anyone yet, but I couldn’t wait to see if I would be in. I just had to do it!
So thanks LZ, for giving me an easy posting day!
1. Name someone with the same birthday as you.
Lauryn Hill, Anne Heche, and Mike Myer
2. Where was your first kiss?
Playground at school. In kindergarten. On the tricycle run. I work fast.
3. Have you ever seriously vandalized someone else’s property?
Yes. Three times: when I was six or seven, I peed in my aunt’s waterbed – twice in one night. Then, with the same aunt, I think I was eight or nine, I thought it would be a great idea to write, “Hi Auntie!” on the hood of her brand new car – with a rock. Third, me and my cheerleading team egged a house. Shameful, really. Believe me when I say I’ve gotten it back ten-fold…
4. Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex?
My brother (many times) and my husband (a handful of times). With malicious intent, you ask? Ummm…
5. Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people?
But of course! It’s my job (well, before becoming a SAHM)!
6. What’s the first thing you notice about your preferred sex?
7. What really turns you off?
Narcissism, pretentiousness, and racists who say racist things, but use this disclaimer,”But I’m not racist or anything. I have [enter race of choice] friends!”
8. What do you order at Starbucks?
Light Caramel Frappaccino.
9. What is your biggest mistake?
Dating one particular boy in college.
10. Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose?
Uh huh. When I was in junior high, I was out of Midol and having terrible period cramps. I was pulling a Terrible Two’s tantrum over it, and my mom stood in the doorway of my room, laughing and watching while I tried to punch myself in the stomach to ‘distract’ from the pain.
11. Say something totally random about yourself
Wasn’t my period cramp story enough? Insatiable, you are.
12. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
Yes. I used to always get, “Hey, has anybody told you, you look like that Asian chick in ‘Kickboxer’?” (it’s some Jean-Claude Van Damme movie). Boring. Why couldn’t they say I looked like an Asian version of Angelina Jolie or something? Sheesh.
13. Do you still watch kiddie movies or TV shows?
Heck yeah! Having a kid just gives me a legitimate excuse!
14. Did you have braces?
Yes, in junior high. Oh, and I also had to wear head gear. Oh, and I also wore bifocals to correct my astigmatism. Pretty girl, right?
15. Are you comfortable with your height?
Meh. I wouldn’t mind two or three more inches… That’s what she said!
16. What is the most romantic thing someone of the preferred sex has done for you?
Fed me. And given me the last bite of food. Oh yeaaaah…
17. When do you know its love?
You kiss them with tongue – and they have morning breath.
18. Do you speak any other languages?
I speak bits of two languages: my family’s particular Filipino dialect and French.
19. Have you ever been to a tanning salon?
Nope, I was born with a tan.
20. What magazines do you read?
Get ready. Subscriptions to: Elle, Allure, InStyle, Lucky, Parents, Traditional Home. Buy off the rack: Oprah, Real Simple, People Magazine’s Style Watch Issue, Vogue, Smart Shopper. I’m so transparent.
21. Have you ever ridden in a limo?
No, but I have been on two party buses.
22. Has anyone you were really close to passed away?
Both my grandpa’s have passed – my maternal one, when my mom was eleven and my paternal one, when I was fourteen.
23. Do you watch MTV?
Not anymore. My sister and I both stopped watching. After a while, it made us feel “icky”.
24. What’s something that really annoys you?
My love/hate relationship with food. Oh, and my love/hate relationship with the gym. You think these two are related?
25. What’s something you really like?
Clothes. And baths.
26. Do you like Michael Jackson?
I was a huge fan when I was younger. I still enjoy his music.
27. Can you dance?
Yes. Can I dance like the kids on SYTYCD? No.
28. What’s the latest you have ever stayed up?
Oh man, I’ve been up twenty-seven hours (give or take) once… and several times after. It’s called ‘youth’.
29. Have you ever been rushed by an ambulance into the emergency room?
No, thank the Lord!!! And I hope I NEVER have to be!
30. Do you actually read these when other people fill them out?
Totes. How can you not, they’re such easy reads? And, I love people’s answers! You can learn so much!
Generally, I’m supposed to tag people, but since I tagged myself and am not officially obligated to tag anyone, follow my lead! If you like the questions, tag yourself! Let me know! I’d love to come over and give you comment love!