***EDIT 4/29/2016: I realize this post is super “old” – the difference in technology and social media now, compared to almost seven years prior, is excruciating. I don’t even know if Blackberry exists outside of the business world anymore! But reading this post makes me laugh at my social media innocence (I don’t think I had Facebook yet, and Instagram wasn’t even alive). Once you read through this post, you may wonder when we got our first iPhones: it happened in 2011, we got the 4S, and we did NOT get them through AT&T! Ha!***
As much as I’ve been pining away for the iPhone, I refuse to go to AT&T. So what’s a girl who’s jonesing hard for a smartphone to do? Blackberry, baby!
I know a lot of you might be thinking, “Oh, hoh! If she were really hard core, NOTHING would stop her from getting an iPhone. Not even AT&T!” But I tell you now, folks, unless AT&T paid for my family plan, gave me and my husband free phones, and then offered us insurance, no one in this house will be carrying an AT&T phone.
And so, with a smile on my face and a new phone in hand, I give you the top ten reasons why I love my Blackberry.
Top Ten Reasons Why I Love My Blackberry
- Internet: anytime, anywhere. Must. Feed. The. Beast.
- I feel like I’m a Jetson with this mini computer in my pocket. Mini computer in my pocket? That’s like saying I own a time machine!
- Mobile tweeting – ‘nuff said
- I can hold my head up high whenever I talk to my family, as I was the last hold out. The trash talking at family reunions is so over
- Modern times? I’m here! No more T9 texting for me!
- It makes me feel complete: my inner child always felt stupid pulling out my Brick when surrounded by phones as thin as sliced cheese
- I’m ready for the next blogger conference. Heeey!
- I can have my email sent directly to my phone *Angels singing*
- With my old provider, I could sit in three different places on my couch to get good service, marginal service, or no service at all! Whaaa happaaa? Switching cell phone providers has been fantastic!
- It’s like the electronic version of a warm, gooey cinnamon roll. Mmm…
I love memes. Wait, you too? WE’RE TWINS! Why not take a break and play Top Ten, then? If you blog, grab my button, choose your Top Ten topic (you can use mine!), post it on your blog, and leave your link in the comments below. If you don’t blog, play along by leaving your list in the comments, too!