This past weekend, my mom came into town with my brother for a short visit. And boy, was it ever heavenly. Like all grandparents, she swooped in, took my boy, placed him on her hip, and never let him down. His time was occupied, his belly was full of yummy food, and he was showered with love and affection every moment of the day.
Can we say Mommy Break Time? I live for my mom visiting us!
Mommy Break Time solo trip to get one of my favorite drinks: Bubble Tea
Anyhoo, I know it’s way past Mother’s Day, but whatever! Who said telling your mom all the reasons why you love her could only happen one time a year? Here’s to you, Ma!
The Top Ten Things I Love About My Mom
- She listens to me whine and complain
- She offers sound advice – that I usually don’t take or want to hear
- She loves my baby – a little more than me, I might add
- She loves to take care of my baby – I do the Mommy Break Time “Dance of Joy”! Hey!
- She is what ‘home’ is – as a grown woman, it seems silly to say, but it’s true. Wherever my mom is, home is there, too
- She always tells me she loves me – who doesn’t want to know how much they’re loved?
- She is completely honest with me – to a fault. We’re talking San Andreas
- She supports me even when I make the stupidest mistakes – but lets me know ahead of time that I’m about to make a stupid mistake by raising a single, solitary eyebrow.
- She taught me how to Stink Eye
- She gave me the tools to become the best, dang arguer in town! Thanks, Ma!
I love memes. Wait, you too? WE’RE TWINS! Why not take a break and play Top Ten, then? If you blog, grab my button, choose your Top Ten topic (you can use mine!), post it on your blog, and leave your link in the comments below. If you don’t blog, play along by leaving your list in the comments, too!