Last night, in my quest to be more social, I actually agreed to attend and perform in a local cabaret / showcase. I had a great time, even though the event started way past my bedtime.
While I was putting my baby boy to sleep, my brain was in overdrive, trying to figure out what to wear. Seriously, my brain was frying under the pressure (can I just say how much I hate figuring out what to wear?). Since I live in my pajamas and sweats all the live long day, getting dressed in other kinds of clothes is somewhat of a struggle. Generally, it goes like this:
- Put on Outfit #1
- Stand in front of mirror, scrunch face, take outfit off, throw it on the bed
- Look for something else to wear
- Repeat Step 1
- Put on Outfit #2
- Repeat Step 3
- Repeat Steps 1 – 4, about four more times
- Look at clock. Late for function
- Start sweating, get angry, proclaim, “I have NOTHING to wear UGH!”
- Put on outfit #1 and leave
If I throw some fancy earrings on, would my cat t-shirt and sweats be appropriate?
Why do I do this? Geez.
When you have a function or event to go to, what is your favorite go-to clothing item / outfit?
If you’d like to participate, post a question on your blog, and leave your link at
today’s installation of Aloha Friday. Don’t forget to visit the other participants!