Last night, I asked my husband to put Monkey to sleep, but asked him to make sure to change his diaper before putting him in his crib.
A couple hours later, Monkey woke up, crying. HBL was sound asleep, so I went to Monkey’s room to put him back down. When I turned to leave the room, I saw an ’unwrapped’, dirty diaper laying on the floor next to the baby’s clothes hamper. The diaper was obviously thrown aside mid-change!
Normally, something like this would make me tear my hair out, but I took a couple deep breaths and thought, “At least he changed the diaper.”
So here I am, blogging about it. And using it as Top Ten material.
The Top Ten Things My Husband Does That Make Me Crazy*
- Two words: Toilet Bowl
- Doesn’t clean up after himself when he cooks or makes something to eat (he’s getting better at this)
- Repeats stories like a grandpa
- Leaves the dishes to pile in the sink (see #2)
- Asks me the same question ten times a day. And genuinely thinks each time is the first
- Considers everything on TV (except sports) to be a soap opera
- Sees dog poop/puke on the floor, but leaves it for me to clean up
- Stares blankly at me when I ask him a question, any question
- Whenever he begins to feel uncomfortable or overwhelmed by any deep discussion we have, he changes the subject by farting or making a joke
- Boldly tells me to ‘relax’
I love my husband, oh so much.
*My husband could easily say the same things on this list about me, so I do not want this to come off as a husband-bashing post! For instance, No. 7? He leaves me dog poop, I leave him dead bugs covered with paper towels. And the part about asking the same question over and over? I do that while we watch sports! Oops. Marriage is a give and take relationship, right?
I love memes. Wait, you too? WE’RE TWINS! Why not take a break and play Top Ten, then? If you blog, grab my button, choose your Top Ten topic (you can use mine!), post it on your blog, and leave your link in the comments below. If you don’t blog, play along by leaving your list in the comments, too!