In the past couple of days, Huzz has been on a DIY rampage. His motivation? Seeing Monkey Boy stand up on his own, and threatening to walk.
When we bought our house three years ago, we had grand ideas of bringing it out of its 1980s splendor and into the 2000s. Three years later, we still have those same grand ideas. But now that Monkey is on the verge of walking and grabbing things that should be affixed to the floor or wall or door, we’ve got to get a serious move on!
Today, I had the unpleasant task of painting a very cramped, shelved closet.
I haven’t picked up a paintbrush and roller since we first moved into our home, and today I was reminded of all the reasons why.
Top Ten Reasons I Don’t Want To Do It Myself
- Paint on my body and in my hair
- A sore arm
- A burning shoulder
- Washing paint brushes is a drag
- A one hour job turns into twenty four
- If a professional is paid to clean up, then why am I not?
- There’s always a point in the project when ‘missing a spot’ is okay
- I can take a break for as long as I want. My last one was three years
- When they say to make sure you paint in a well-ventilated area, listen to them
- If it doesn’t look nice, I have no one else to blame
If I was a DIY blogger, this list would not exist. In fact, I’d probably be using it as a springboard for future blog posts – I mean, this is amazing material, people, I could get a series going with painting my closet! On top of that, I’d have you all to be accountable to, so I’d have to make sure I did a good job. After all, who wants to read about real life imperfect DIY attempts (unless you’re aiming to be made into a meme)?
Back to the painting…
I love memes. Wait, you too? WE’RE TWINS! Why not take a break and play Top Ten, then? If you blog, grab my button, choose your Top Ten topic (you can use mine!), post it on your blog, and leave your link in the comments below. If you don’t blog, play along by leaving your list in the comments, too!