Have you ever gotten to the point in your blogging life where you’ve spent so much time in front of the computer, you’re sick of it? That’s where I was on Wednesday night. What’s funny is that even though I had that nasty, ‘I-need-to-get-away-from-the-computer’ feeling, I still tried to force myself to blog through it! Now that’s what I call addiction!
When I finally turned the computer off, I decided it was time to take a break. Just one day to play with my son without looking at the computer longingly. One day to read something that’s not backlit. One day without blogging.
So I took Thursday off.
And then Saturday.
I guess my eyes and my brain needed more time off than I had anticipated.
Here are some of the things I did by avoiding the computer’s siren song:
- Shopped at Costco
- Swept and vacuumed the floors in my house
- Cleaned the baby’s play area
- Put away our suitcases from last week’s trip to California
- Loads and loads of laundr
- Played with my poor, neglected son
- Read all my favorite fashion blogs
- Read all my favorite mommy blogs
- Commented on some of my favorite blogs’ posts (which could technically be considered blogging, but come on! Cut me a break!)
- Sat on the couch and caught up on all the shows I DVR
- Actually cuddled with my dogs
- READ AN ENTIRE BOOK!
- Started reading a second book!
- Got to the middle of my latest copy of O magazine
- Transferred pictures from my camera onto my computer
Geez! All that in a day and a half! I can’t believe how time consuming blogging is. Oh, and guess what I found out? I don’t have insomnia! I actually have a case of what’s called ‘Get Off The Dang Computer Already’. A-mazing.
Anyway, from here on out, I’m going to make sure I take time out from blogging to do things that don’t require typing. That way, I won’t burn myself out. And my kid won’t be neglected. And my eyeballs won’t be red-rimmed from staring at the computer screen. I will find balance. Balance is good. Balance is sexy.